Sunday, March 3, 2013

Becoming the Beard or the Becoming Beard? That is the question.

I have been accused of focusing my blog on silly, trite topics.  However, today I'm tackling a very serious issue.  A philosophical controversy which has been debated for centuries.

Does fashion influence television or does television influence fashion?


I firmly believe that it is the latter.  

I mean, look at Farrah Fawcett!   Her 1976 hairstyle went on to become an international trend.  Everyone wanted Farrah hair.   


Yes, even me.
 
Jennifer Anniston had a similar impact on hair styles in the '90s.

But neither Jennifer nor Farrah had the impact that Duck Dynasty is about to make on the fashion world.

Wait!  You say you've never heard of Duck Dynasty?  You're not familiar with the hunky geniuses behind the Duck Commander Duck Call?  


Think ZZ Top.  In Camo.

I know what you're thinking.  Not every man can grow such attractive facial hair as Phil and Si, Jase, Willie, and Jep, the  sexy "stars" of Duck Dynasty

And call me crazy, but I would love to be able to sport a similar growth on my own face. 

Especially in the winter!  


Of course I could always purchase a Duck Dynasty Beard and Bandana on Amazon.com for $19.99.  

When my friend Jamie looked at this photo, she thought it was a "very awkward and inappropriate bikini."

Just wait until you see my version of the Duck Dynasty Beard and Bandana, Jamie.   You will want your own.
 
All I needed was some fabric.  And a bandana.



Poor Kevin hardly recognized me in my new Duck Dynasty duds.  (And I wasn't even wearing camo!)


Saving the best news for last:  My Nerdling version of the Duck Dynasty Beard and Bandana can actually be repurposed as a bikini.  

(Thank you Jamie, for that suggestion!)

And it fits perfectly.  


However,  in the interest of modesty, and to protect the mental health of my readers, I decided not to include the photo in this blog.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment