Sunday, September 2, 2012

Otsukaresama!

The Japan Trend Shop has done it again. They have come up with yet another perfect consumer product.

The Happy Savon Bubble Blower is just what I need as a reward for my Otsukaresama at the office.

Oh, I'm sorry. Perhaps you don't the meaning of my new favorite word that I picked up from the Japan Trend Shop. You see, this web site not only sells the most amazing products ever (like the Beauty Lift High Nose and the Beauty Voice Trainer), it teaches Japanese.

Don't worry. I will interpret my impressive new word by breaking it into 3 parts for you.

"O" is an honorific prefix (as in "ONerdling").
"tsukare" means effort, or exertion (as in "The Sunday Suduku requires much tsukare".)
"sama" is an honorific suffix (as in, ONerdlingsama).

(One must wonder how different Osama Bin Laden's life might have been had his parents named him OBin Laden Sama?)

I digress. Putting it all together, Otsukaresama means good job.

And here's what the Japan Trend Shop tells us about the Happy Savon Bubble Blower:

"Otsukaresama! It's been a long day at the office, and it's time to treat yourself to a bath time like no other. The Happy Savon gently floats bubbles through the room, relaxing and calming you."

OMG.  I want one.  But sadly,  the Happy Savon Bubble Blower is outside of my budget, costing $66 plus $29 shipping.

Being the innovative nerdling that I am, I discovered a similar product available for a fraction of that cost: Disney Tub Time Bubble Maker, Winnie the Pooh.

And you will probably not be surprised when I tell you that I've elevated this Japanese product to an even higher level.

For you see, many of us like to listen to music while relaxing in a tub. To that end, let me introduce the Nerdling Bath Mobile. For the ultimate bathing experience, simply suspend this over your tub. 


I know what you're thinking. 

"Otsukaresama, ONerdlingsam!"

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment