Thursday, February 2, 2012

Having Your Cake and Eating It Too

Talk about bursting my bubble. Taking all the wind out of my sail. Making me wake up and smell the diet coke.

Believe me, I’ve had more than my share of disappointing moments in my life. Not making cheer leading 8 consecutive times in high school is the obvious example. 

Then there was the time I found a Fanny Farmer candy bag on the airplane seat next to me that turned out to be an air sickness bag full of air sickness (see posting: Fanny Mayhem 5/10/11). Yeah, that stunk. Literally.

Last night's disappointment ranked right up there.

I was mindlessly surfing the internet for blog topic ideas when I hit pay dirt. 

At least I thought I had.

I discovered a link for a product called The Customizable Urinal Cake Kit.  OMG did I get excited!

For as you may know, I am a summa cum-laude graduate of Michael's cake decorating school. Please don't accuse me of being one of those arrogant culinary highbrows, but a picture is worth a thousand words.  

Thank you.

Can you imagine my excitement when I saw that link? Seriously!  Creating a Urinal Cake would make a fantastic blog, coupling my core competency of cake decorating with my preoccupation of potties.

My mind was working at warp speed. As my hand moved toward the mouse to click on the link I imagined urinal shaped cake pans with templates for streaming urine.

But it’s supposedly customizable…what could that possibly mean?

Since I am of the female persuasion, I haven’t had much experience with urinals. I thought they were pretty standard. How can you customize a urinal?

Then I remembered that link for The Top 10 Most Fascinating Urinals and my heart really started beating! 

This one's pretty!  Maybe I can make a flower urinal cake using The Customizable Urinal Cake Kit!

This is going to be AWESOME!
 
Then I clicked the Customizable Urinal Cake Kit link.


Apparently you can't eat a urinal cake.  

Not even a customized one.

No comments:

Post a Comment