Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Addiction

Hello.  I’m Lou.  And I’m addicted to making Polar Fleece Headband Ear Warmers.

Hello Lou.


It all started when I ordered some Buffalo Bills polar fleece online.  I didn’t know what to do with it.

So I put on my Project Runway vibe and before you know it I had developed a prototype Polar Fleece Headband Ear Warmer.


Then I got the email from Hancock Fabrics that polar fleece was on sale.  


The rest was history.  



Before you know it I’d made enough Polar Fleece Headband Ear Warmers to cover the cold ears of every member of my extended family, neighbors, coworkers, and cast members from every show I've been in over the past ten years.
 
I was wracking my brain.  Who else would like one?  How about that greeter lady at Walmart?


I could not stop.  


Every night after dinner the urge would begin.  I’d get fidgety.  My pulse would quicken.  I’d break into cold sweats.

STEP AWAY FROM THE POLAR FLEECE


But I couldn’t stop. My inventory grew.  And grew.


What in the world was I going to do with all of these Polar Fleece Headband Ear Warmers?  

Send them to peasants in Siberia?  Or Fargo?

Then I thought about Etsy!  I could actually SELL these things. 


So I set up a shop on Etsy.  It’s called NerdlingProjects and there are 2 items for sale: Polar Fleece Headband Ear Warmers and Tom Brady Deflategate Whoopee Cushions.

I "opened" my shop.  Then I waited for my first sale. 


And waited.


And waited.


Crickets.


Until I decided to purchase one of my
Polar Fleece Headband Ear Warmers myself.

I was so excited when I got the email saying I had made my first sale!  





I waited a day and alerted myself the buyer that I had shipped her order.  

And then I got an email from myself  the seller saying the item had shipped.

Dave noticed that an $18 charge had hit our credit card from Etsy and asked me about it.  


“Oh.... I bought one of my
Polar Fleece Headband Ear Warmers.”

“From yourself?”

 
“Yeah” I said.


"Why?"

“I figured people may be afraid to buy something from someone on Etsy who never sold anything.”

He thought about it for a minute and asked, “You’re selling them for $18?”


“No.  They’re $15.  I charge $3 for shipping.” 

 
 “Are you going to mail it to yourself?” he asked

.
Duh.  Of course I’m not going to mail it to myself!  

But I am going to review it. 


But not right away.  I have to wait until it gets delivered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment