Sunday, October 25, 2015

Flashing the Audience

I’m playing the role of “speaker” at an Analytics conference next week and need to find just the right costume.  

(One that convinces the audience that I know what I'm talking about.)

As you would expect, I have a variety of nerd tops to chose from:


But I’ve been told that the speakers' dress code is “business professional”. 

Oh.  Excuse me. 

The audience will be a bunch of nerds!  I think they would appreciate my nerd wear.

So I tried hard to "make" each of these tops work with business professional bottoms.  



OMG. That skirt completely ruined my adorable nerd shirt.  I tried another combination:


For crying out loud!  

My add-subtract-multiply-divide shirt looks SO MUCH BETTER WITH JEANS than that pencil skirt! 

I finally gave up and found a non-nerdy business professional "costume" in my closet.


BORING.

I really wanted to wear nerd gear.

Then I had an epiphany.  I can still wear my nerd gear.  And when the analytic fashion police aren't watching?



I can flash the audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment