Thursday, August 23, 2012

Disappointing Barbie

I have completely out done myself.

And it's all because I was frittering.   Frittering around the internet.

I happened upon a scholarly video tutorial on YouTube entitled "How to Make Miniature Toilet Paper for Barbies".

My heart quickened, for I've always wanted to make miniature toilet paper for Rollerblade Barbie!  (You see, my toilet paper is way too big for her. In fact, she told me it would be like me using a bath towel to... sorry, I won't go there.)

But could I really learn how to make miniature toilet paper for Rollerblade Barbie on YouTube?  It sounded too good to be true.

I watched the video. It was gripping...riveting...inspiring! I watched it again, taking copious notes.


And like that Little Train, I said, "I think I can, I think I can.." as I walked down the stairs.  By the time I got to the bottom I was Maria in the Sound of Music singing, "I have confidence in me!"

I got out my materials and went to work. 

It took all the focus and dexterity I could muster, but I was determined to succeed.

And I did.  I made two adorable rolls of toilet paper for Rollerblade Barbie.  

See?

Thank you.

But they were so damn cute I wanted to show them off!

That's when I had my scathingly brilliant idea.


Sorry, Barbie.  I can't help it if I'm a stinkin' fashion genius.  Have a bath towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment