Friday, May 11, 2012

Nudged out of the Way

It came out of left field, metaphorically. Seemingly out of nowhere.

KABAM!

Technically, it came from upstage.  From behind the curtain. 

And I was minding my own business. An innocent victim dancing to the curtain call music. I'd already taken my bow when the unexpected happened:  the horrific happening.

I was hit by a car.  

But not just any car.  A red convertible. On prom night.

Can you believe it?  I was mowed down by Greased Lightening.

Lucky for me I was wearing my roller skates.

You see, rather than rolling over me and crushing me to the ground like a dead squirrel, Greased Lightening set me in motion.

I headed stage right.

Which reminds me of a question on a Georgia written driver's test that I took about a million years ago. It was multiple choice.

Q. What should you do if a pedestrian steps in front of your car when you are approaching an intersection?

Option C. was "Gently nudge the pedestrian out of the way with the front of your vehicle."

I'm not kidding.

And that's what happened tonight. Greased Lightening was approaching the intersection and I apparently stepped (well, danced) in front of it. 

It nudged me out of the way.

And you know what?

I think my neck hurts.   

I need a lawyer.

I wonder if my prom dress will fit tomorrow night if I'm wearing a neck brace.

No comments:

Post a Comment