Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Never Mind

I try to avoid work topics on my blog but this was just too tempting to ignore.

I was invited via e-mail to present some research results at a client’s staff meeting. Here is the string of e-mails:

TO: Lou
FROM: Emily
Good Afternoon –
Patrick would like you to speak at his next staff meeting . The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 27 in E159 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Once the agenda has been completed we will send it out to everyone.  Thanks.


TO: Emily
FROM: Lou
I’m free except for between 10:45-12:00.
Thanks-

TO: Lou
FROM: Emily
Hi Lou –
How much time do you need? I’m putting together a tentative agenda to send to the presenters and I wanted to give them something to work with. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks for your help.

TO: Emily
FROM: Lou
30-45 minutes
Thanks!

TO: Lou
FROM: Emily
Hi Lou-
I got you down from 11:45 – 12:00…I hope that’s fine.

TO: Emily
FROM: Lou
I’m confused.
I told you that I was free all day except from 10:45-12:00 and that I needed 30-45 minutes.
Why have you put me down for 11:45-12:00?
Thanks-

TO: Lou
FROM: Emily
Sorry, I miss understood. I will move some things around.

TO: Emily
FROM: Lou
No problem. Thanks!

TO: Lou
FROM: Emily
I’m sorry, but I assumed you would be presenting the information for us when in fact, Herman Munster (alias)  will be presenting that piece, so we won’t need you to present after all. Thanks you for your willingness and sorry for the confusion.

For some reason, Emily Latilla's voice comes to mind.  (Click on the link below:)

No comments:

Post a Comment