Monday, October 3, 2011

All I Want for Christmas is a Biri Biri Kaze Hiki Wanko


It’s never too early to start working on your Christmas list.  And you know what’s at the top mine?  A Biri Biri Kaze Hiki Wanko.

I know what you're thinking.  What the heck is a Biri Biri Kaze Hiki Wanko and where can I get one for Lou?

A Biri Biri Kaze Hiki Wanko  is a game: a cross between the game Operation and an Easy Bake Oven.

For those of you who have never played the highly intellectual game of Operation, let me describe it.  Imagine a toy operating table on which lies a naked patient, Cavity Sam (who looks suspiciously like stooge Moe).  Sam's body has numerous cavities from which the player is to remove organs and other ailments with tweezers.   

You must have a very steady hand or your tweezers will bump into the wrong organ and cause internal bleeding and/or death to poor Sam.  If that happens, a buzzer goes off, Sam's light bulb nose will turn on and, worst of all, you will lose your turn.

I was never really good at Operation, which is why I gave up my childhood dreams of becoming a surgeon.  I figured if I couldn't remove a Charley Horse from Cavity Sam without buzzing, I'd be better off as a statistician.  (And I wouldn't be risking any lives, either.)

But wait until you hear about this Biri Biri Kaze Hiki Wanko.  It is way cooler than Operation! 

The patient in the Biri Biri Kaze Hiki Wanko is a sick dog. (Isn't that sweet?)

To play, you first mix the multi-colored germs with the slime.  Then you then lift up he pup's head and pour the germ-infested slime into the his brain cavity.  Then just close the head, pull out the stopper and watch the ooze begin to drip from Fido's mouth! 

Your goal?  Catch more germs with your tweezers than your opponent can.

But it's way more exciting than that lame Operation game.  If the metal part of your tweezers touches the slime, the buzzer goes off and you get an electrical shock!    (Which explains why the translation of Biri Biri Kaze Hiki Wanko is "Shocking Sick Puppy".)

You are probably wondering why someone who requires nitrous oxide and a Margarita when getting her teeth cleaned would want her own Biri Biri Kaze Hiki Wanko. 

It's simple.  I haven't yet given up on that dream to be a doctor.  

True, I may not be surgeon material.  

But with a little training, I could be an awesome ENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment