Thursday, April 21, 2011

Peep Plagiarism Prohibited

I had the best blog idea EVER: Cooking with Peeps.  This is my 100th blog and I wanted it to be special.  Can you think of anything more special on Easter weekend than cooking with Peeps?  Me, neither!

I was very excited about my "Cooking with Peeps" theme. It was a perfect idea for me, considering my prowess in the kitchen, right?   In fact, I had already developed some potential recipe ideas: macaroni and peeps, peeps pizza ("Peepza") and peep burgers.

Imagine my disappointment to find that my idea was already taken!  Although I didn't see any mac 'n peeps, I saw plenty of other delicious dishes. Check out this mouth-watering recipe I found on www.topoimagery.com/peeps for Crunchy Peeps Salad:

Ingredients:
15 Assorted Peeps
1/2 head of cabbage
1 package ramen noodles
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar

1. Coarsely chop the cabbage and crush the noodles
2. Toss together Peeps, cabbage, and noodles
3. Mix the ramen season packet, oil, sugar and vinegar together
4. Pour liquid mixture into salad, toss evenly, and serve

They even had a recipe for tofu peeps.

But I have very high blog standards. I did not want to risk accusations of Peep Plagiarism, so I reluctantly moved to Plan B.

When I happened upon the web site which documented the surgical procedure where quintuplet Peep siblings, conjoined at birth, were separated through a daring application of modern medicine I came down with a severe case of Blog envy. 

This certainly would have been an outstanding Plan B. Oh why hadn't I thought of this?

At www.peepresearch.org the researchers documented the surgery, cauterization of the wound, and stapling the incision. Unfortunately one of the Peeps coded on the table and CPR was in order.  (I don't think he made it.)

Moving on to Plan C.

Don't worry readers, I have the best, most original Peep concept ever!

I have decided to supplement my Drunken Mexican toothpick holder collection with a couple of Drunken Peeps. I know the Venture Capitalists will be lining up to get a piece of this action!

It's a great concept. These guys are functional. They're colorful. And they're edible.  Well, some people think so (especially if they're drunk). 

And the best part?  Nobody else has thought of it.  (They don't call me a Marketing Genius for nothin'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment