Sunday, August 3, 2014

Training Taffy

I shouldn't have been so surprised.  Mattel has had their share of crash and burn Barbie's over the years.

Who could forget Anorexic Slumber Party Barbie, complete with diet book and scale set at 110 pounds?  
Then there was Pregnant Midge.  Seriously?

And, of course, RollerBlade Barbie, whose roller blades could set fire to underwear doused with hairspray.

But I had great expectations for Barbie Potty Training Taffy.  I envisioned hours of fun feeding adorable Taffy and cleaning up his poop with Barbie's pink pooper-scooper.

In fact, I could hardly wait to start playing!  I fed Taffy and, sure enough he had to go potty.   (I could just tell.)   I put the 5 pieces of poo into the slot in his "back pack", pushed down his tail and out came 5 pieces of poo.  Just like magic!


So I picked up the poo with the pooper-scooper and was about to drop it into the blue plastic trash can when I noticed the omission. 

Barbie's trash can had no liner.

Euuuuuuuu!  I would never put poo into a trash can without a liner.  


Especially in August. 

In South Carolina.

So I made a Barbie Potty Training Taffy trash can liner



Now, any ordinary Marketing genius would have stopped there.  But I'm no ordinary Marketing Genius.


And, since imitation is a form of flattery, I kind of borrowed an idea.


Introducing the Barbie Potty Training Taffy PooTrap.



No Poops!  No Oops!


I know what you're thinking.  I couldn't agree more.

Mattel needs to put me on their payroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment