Monday, June 6, 2016

Slicing the Banana

After cutting up a banana to put on my cereal last weekend I was exhausted.  Too warn out to lift my spoon. 

So I made the decision right then and there. To invest in kitchen appliances that will make life easier for me.  Like a banana slicer.

I went right to Amazon and quickly found the Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer.


The product benefits are many.  It’s faster, safer than using a knife, is dish washer safe, and great for cereal.  (Although I’m not sure how cereal fits into the contraption.) 

I still had so many questions about the Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer.  Like, how, exactly, does it work with cereal?  Before investing in the appliance I did my homework, and studied the questions posted by other Amazon shoppers.  And I’m so glad I did!

There are actually hundreds of questions posted and answered.  I selected a sample of some of the most helpful. 

Q: A friend used my H571 to slice a few bananas but accidentally sliced too many. Is there any reverse mode to unslice them? The manual is not helpful. 
A: That is exactly why I hired a Hutzler 571 personal tutor. I found the manual to be too complicated to troubleshoot this sophisticated device. 

I am not going to let the inability to un-slice scare me away.  But the next question was extremely relevant for me, being a leftie:

Q: Is there a model for left-handed people? 
A: Since I am left-handed I have found that using a mirror is helpful. I tried doing it behind my back, but missed the mystery and excitement of watching the slicing.

As usual I'll have to adapt to a right handed world.
 
Q: Should I purchase the extended warranty? 
A: I did. It seems expensive on first take, but the first time you leave it in your driveway and accidentally back over it, you'll be relieved. I sure was.

I hadn't thought of that.  Or this: 

Q: I'm planning a trip to Europe. Does anyone make a 220-volt converter for the Hutzler 571? 
A: Don't bother taking it. Does not work on metric bananas. 

I guess I'll leave it home if I travel abroad.  This was my personal favorite:

Q: How much weight will the Hutzler 571 hold if used as a small ladder?
A: Once received, if you read the manual...you'll see that it clearly states "Do Not Use As Ladder".

After reading the Questions and Answers I was convinced.  I ordered my Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer.

It arrived today!  

I was shaking with excitement as I opened the package, peeled a banana and sliced it.  Without breaking a sweat.



I was THRILLED with my new appliance. It will probably extend my life by..hours!  

It was worth ever cent I invested in it.  

All $3.84.  

And I realized that my  drinking buddies might enjoy playing on my new appliance.  Which means ONE OF THE AMAZON ANSWERS WAS WRONG!


I'll have to post a correction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment