Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Pocket Protector

When my friend Debi texted me asking where she could get a Pocket Protector my first reaction was OMG.  I’m a nerdling and I don’t have a Pocket ProtectorHow embarrassing.

I texted her, “Got a bunch at home.  I’ll mail you one.”
 
Don’t judge.  I have a reputation to protect.  I immediately ordered a 4-pack on Amazon.


Then I did some research about Pocket Protectors and learned that they were invented by an engineer from Buffalo.  My home town.


It brought tears to my eyes.


I was giddy with excitement when my Pocket Protectors arrived.  I tore into the box and examined them.   Quite impressive.  They hold up to 4 pens or pencils.  Leak proof.  


No more ink stains on my shirts!  

How had I gone through my whole life (39 years) without a Pocket Protector?

Of course, Kevin begged me give him one...since I had 4.

I couldn't wait to try mine on for size.  But then I realized that you have to have a pocket in order to use a Pocket Protector.

I went to my closet, searching for a blouse with a front pocket.


Not. A. One.


Nothing more pathetic than Pocket Protector with no pocket.

Surely I could find one stinkin’ shirt with a pocket SOMEWHERE IN THIS HOUSE!!!


I went up to Kimmy’s closet.  Nothing.  Are you kidding?


I tried Linda’s closet. Nada.


I was out of luck.  Now where was I going to put my pencils?


Wait. One. Minute.


I forgot all about my scathingly brilliant invention from 2013. 


(I think Einstein had a similar problem.  When you have so many great ideas, it's hard to keep track of them all.)



Who needs a stinkin’ Pocket Protector if you have a Boob Bin

No comments:

Post a Comment