Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saying Goodbye


This has been a tough week for me and my family. We had to say goodbye to our dog Sabbie.


For the past 13 years Sabbie has been an integral part of our family. It seems like just yesterday when we adopted him from a PetSmart in Jacksonville. Although nobody could accuse him of being obedient, Sabbie was the sweetest dog in the world.


I had been thinking about writing a tribute to Sabbie in this blog. And then I found a poem left on the kitchen counter that my daughter Linda wrote the day after Sabbie's death. This is the best tribute of them all:


I Miss You


I miss how you would be waiting to gree me after school

I miss your sweet bark

I miss your love

I miss your big brown eyes

I miss your smell

I miss your begging

I miss saying your name

I miss your horse trotting down the driveway

I miss you going to get the mail with me

I miss your fluffy white fur and how it got all over my clothes

I miss kissing you good night

I miss hugging you

I miss telling you how much I love you

I miss how you used to protect me

I miss seeing you every day

I miss laying down with you when I was sad and when you would make me happy

I miss playing hide and seek with you

I miss having a responsibility of taking you outside, brushing you, feeding you, bathing you, walking you, cleaning after you, and everything else

I miss you so much


What more is there to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment